Are you an artist? Activist? Artivist? Would you like to be? If you write, paint, make films, take photos, dance, spit poetry, act, teach, or want to just try–API Equality is seeking participants for a new arts leadership and advocacy program.
Project Q is a new community arts project that seeks to foster the creative and political development of Asian Pacific Islander Queer and Trans leaders to share the trans/queer API experience through creative story-telling and performance.
Over the course of 10 weeks, participants will:
– participate in a series of creative and political education workshops
– develop and participate in a multimedia showcase of visual, literary, and performance art
– help plan to extend the project to take to schools, community organizations, events, etc.
Participants must be able to attend the weekly workshops on Sunday afternoons from July 18 – Sept 12, with a showcase concluding the program on September 18.
Our first meeting is:
July 18th, from 1-4PM
17 Walter U Lum Place
San Francisco, CA 94612
Participants must self-identify as Asian-Pacific Islander and LGBTQI–lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex.
To apply please complete this form and email to email@example.com
Name, first, last:
Optional but helpful:
Ethnicity (list by bullets)
Sexual Identity (list by bullets)
Gender (list by bullets)
Please answer these questions in 200 words each or less:
1. Why you want to be a part of Project Q?
2. What background or experiences you can bring to this project?
3. What do you hope to gain from participating in Project Q?